Convert ATRAC music files to MP3
Find out how to convert your ATRAC library into MP3 files using the MP3 converter.
ATRAC is a file format for music tracks, developed by Sony. If you've transferred music from a CD to your computer using Sony software, it is most likely to be saved in the ATRAC format
Using the conversion tool, you'll be able to convert any ATRAC files other than those bought through other online music stores, which are protected by copyright.
Download the MP3 conversion tool for your related model:
Before you get started, you'll need to have SonicStage installed on your computer. Don't have SonicStage? Download it for your model:
To convert your library, follow the simple steps below:
- Open MP3 conversion tool
- Click next on the opening screen
- Select whether you want to convert all the tracks stored on your computer, or just those in a specific folder or disk drive . If you choose the second option, locate your folder or drive in the window displayed.
- Click next
- Click browse to choose where the new MP3 files will be saved
- Select the bit rate for your MP3 files from the drop-down menu - this affects the size and quality of the final output. Choose auto select if you want the tool to select the best bit rate for your files automatically.
- Choose how you want your MP3 tracks to be named
- Choose whether you want the original ATRAC files to be deleted after the conversion. If you want to keep your ATRAC files as well as the new MP3 files, leave this box unchecked .
- Click start
- Once the conversion is finished, a new window will be displayed. Click finish to close the conversion tool.
If you choose auto select for the bit rate in step 6, the MP3 conversion tool will select a different rate for each file depending on the bit rate of the original track.
|352 kbps||320 kbps|
|320 kbps||320 kbps|
|256 kbps||320 kbps|
|192 kbps||256 kbps|
|160 kbps||192 kbps|
|132 kbps||160 kbps|
|128 kbps||160 kbps|
|105 kbps||128 kbps|
|96 kbps||128 kbps|
|66 kbps||96 kbps|
|64 kbps||96 kbps|
|48 kbps||96 kbps|
You can also choose your own bit rate manually - see step 6 in the tutorial to find out how.